Remembrance was inspired by the Taylor Swift "Love Story" music video (as you may know from reading this post), and music played a large part in the creation of the novel. I made a playlist on iTunes to listen to while I wrote, and thought I would share it with you today!
1) "Love Story" by Taylor Swift
I think it should be pretty obvious why this song is on the playlist!
2) "Our Song" by Taylor Swift
When Lizzie brings up to Jeremy on the ride to school how she realizes that they don't have a song.
3) "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC
If you've read the first chapter, you'll understand why this song is on the playlist!
4) "Force of Nature" by Oasis
When Lizzie gets stuck in the downpour after the soccer game.
5) "You're Not Sorry" by Taylor Swift
Lizzie constantly feels like Jeremy isn't sorry for things he says to hurt her feelings.
6) "Tell Me Why" by Taylor Swift
This song gets across Lizzie's confusion when it comes to Drew.
7) "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked the Musical
Lizzie's jealously whenever Chelsea talks about Drew.
8) "White Horse" by Taylor Swift
Lizzie's emotions before leaving for the Halloween dance.
9) "Masquerade" from Phantom of the Opera
The Halloween dance!
10) "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West
This is the song Lizzie is dancing to at the dance when she gets her first flash of her past life.
11) "Minuet" by Mozart
This should be obvious if you've read the book :)
12) "When the Stars Go Blue" by Ryan Adams
On the lake <3
13) "How to Save a Life" by the Fray
The end scene in the car with Jeremy.
14) "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright
Lizzie listens to this song while driving at the end of the book.
Be sure to check out the Remembrance Playlist on Spotify!
That's the end of my Remembrance playlist! As you can tell, it was highly influenced by Taylor Swift's "Fearless" album.
If you haven't purchased Remembrance yet, you can buy it on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble!